Wednesday 18 April 2012

Target Camera & Cloth modifier

In this practice before I created my animation I used a standard primitive and dragged in a target camera.I then clicked Auto key and moved the timeline to different points and moved the camera around.

This was my practice result.
Garment Maker

In this tutorial I practiced using the cloth modifier.I firstly changed the viewport to front view and wireframe.This would enable me to create outfit.
I then clicked on splines on the right hand menu and selected lines. I then drew the outline of the peice of clothing I wanted around my model closing my spline once complete.
I then right clicked on the spline and converted it to an editable spline.I then selected the segment tool and dragged a box around the outline.I then held down shift and dragged the image to the side which then produced another copy of it.This would be for the back of the outfit.I then clicked on vertex,dragged a box around the two items and clicked break.

I then added a garment maker on the modify list.I then turned on edged faces.Under the garment maker list I selected Panels.This allows you to select one part of the garmet and drag it to be positioned correctly behind the body inline with the front.Once you selected an item on panels it will turn red making it easier to see.


Once the two parts are correctly in line.I then selected seams under the garmet maker menu.This allows you to attach each part of the clothing.I clicked on each line that needed sewing together and clicked create seam.
I then added the cloth modifier to the list.I unclicked gravity and selected object properties.I then clicked on line 01,selected cloth,cotton and use panel properties.I then clicked 'add objects'.
I selected all parts and added then.To finish I clicked collision object.

The final part is to click stimulate object.This will pull of the cloth in tighter to form the shape.After creating this garment i decided against the clothing.The reason was because I felt like the cloth modifier is quite difficult to use and tweak to look realistic and i was not happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment