Friday 20 April 2012

Man

The wild man  is a mythical figure that appears in the artwork and literature of medieval Europe, comparable to the satyr or faun type in classical mythology and to Silvanus, the Roman god of the woodlands.
The defining characteristic of the figure is its "wildness"; from the 12th century they were consistently depicted as being covered with hair. Images of wild men appear in the carved and painted roof bosses where intersecting ogee vaults meet in the Canterbury Cathedral, in positions where one is also likely to encounter the vegetal Green Man. The image of the wild man survived to appear as supporter for heraldic coats-of-arms, especially in Germany, well into the 16th century. Renaissance engravers in Germany and Italy were particularly fond of wild men, wild women, and wild families, with examples from Martin Schongauer (died 1491) and Albrecht Dürer (1471–1528) among others.


I firsty took my model and opened it on 3ds max.


I then added a hair n fur modifier.



I then changed the colour of the hair and the body.

I used large sphere shapes for the eyes.I wanted the wild man to look confused and shocked.


 

This is a rendered picture of my Wild Man.
For his feet I created these in a separate file.I firstly used a standard primitive, a box.i then divided it into segments to allow me to shape the foot.

i used the bevel and extrude tools to mold the foot.I then added a modify tool,turbosmooth and added hair and fur.


No comments:

Post a Comment