Friday 2 March 2012

To begin my 15th Century Italian building I researched on Google into the styles and materials current to the time.The "Early Renaissance" was all about Florence. Firenze, as it's known to those who live there, was the place in which to launch one's artistic career in 15th-century Italy.

Fifteenth-century Florence was an exciting place to be. In 1425 the city had a population of 60,000 and was a self-governed, independent city-state.The buildings traditionally had wooden brown windows with alot of different textures.




 
To create the base I started by using standard primitive shapes. I began by dragging and dropping two cubes into the viewport. I created the wooden planes on the building by using cylinders. I then scaled these to make them smaller and thinner to fit the building correctly. The windows were created by using the cylinder tool. I then cut this in half and smoothed it .I then added the shape of the window by using standard primitive shapes such as the cube.


I used the rotation tool and set the angle to 90 degrees to make sure the window would fit straight on to the building panels.Once I had created one window I then copied it and scaled the windows

Overall I found the buildings quite difficult to create.I found it most difficult trying to model the roof.In previous weeks I would like to improve the roof.


 Materials

These are the materials I chose for my buildings.The first material is brown stone.In geology, rock or stone is a naturally occurring solid aggregate of minerals and/or mineralioids.

Wooden texture for the beams.I used this material by placing it into material editor as a bitmap.

Darker shades of wood for a more authentic look.

Grey stone for the building.Adding a bump for realism.

No comments:

Post a Comment